- Senior Professor of Surgery – Sept.24, 1992 – till retirement as Head of Surgery on July 31, 2002 at P.G.I, Chandigarh.
- Have also worked as Senior most Prof. of Surgery at AIIMS, New Delhi in 1992.
- Additional Professor of Surgery – Jan.1986 – Sept.23,1992 (6 yrs. 9 m.) at P.G.I., Chandigarh.
- Associate Professor of Surgery – July 1983 -Dec.1985 (2 yrs.6 m) at P.G.I Chandigarh.
- Assistant. Professor of Surgery – Oct.1971 – June 1983 (11 yrs. 5 m) at P.G.I Chandigarh.
- Lecturer in Surgery – Feb. 1970 – Oct. 1971 (1 yr. 9 m) at P.G.I Chandigarh.
- Registrar in Surgery – Jan.1967 – Dec.1969 (3 years) at P.G.I Chandigarh.
- Resident in Surgery – Jan.1965 – Dec.1966 (2 years) at P.G.I Chandigarh.
- Senior House Surgeon – Jan. 1964 – Dec. 1964 (1 year) at P.G.I Chandigarh.
- Rotating House Job – June – Nov. 1963 (6 months) at J.A. Group of Hospital, Gwalior.
- UICC Fellow – 8th Jan. to 20th Feb.1991 (6 weeks) at Hammersmith Hospital, London.
- WHO Fellow – June – August 1995 (3 months) at Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Centre, New York, USA Kings College & Hospital, London.
CONTRIBUTION AS A TEACHER
Have been involved in teaching of postgraduates and under graduates for the last 37 years as a full time staff member of Postgraduate Institute of Medial Education and Research, Chandigarh. Has been a Faculty Member for the last 28 years. Scores of surgeons trained by Prof. Bose are now occupying prestigious positions (Professors, Heads of Departments, Consultants) in the country and abroad.Have guided 55 Postgraduate and Doctorate thesis.
AN EMINENT TEACHER
- Co-ordinator of Dept. Teaching Program for 6 years,
- Coordinator for Clinical Training to the Senior Surgeons of Punjab Health Corporation, Govt. of Punjab.
- Course Director for Hand-on -training for Johnson and Johnson Stapler devices.
- Interested in Medical Education and Surgical Training, restructuring and modernization.
- Have been invited by National & International organizations for delivering lectures on Surgical Training.
- Delivered a keynote address in SAARC Surgeons’ Symposium in Nepal on Surgical Training, March 1995.
- Key Note Address in International Conference on Medial Education, organized by WHO in Pakistan November 1995.
- Organized a National “Symposium on Surgical Training” in Annual Conference of Association of Surgeons of India at Jodhpur in 1995.
- Have been involved in Organization of national Conferences/Continuing Medial Education Programmes/Updates in the Institute.
- Organizing Secretary of National Conferences/CMEs on National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology 1998.
- Consensus Symposium on Breast Cancer 1998.
- Surgical Oncology 1996.
- Critical Surgical Care 1995.
- Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery 1994.
- These popular academic programs, each time have been attended by a large no. of postgraduates & practicing surgeons from whole of India, the faculty is drawn from all over the country.
- Convener of the workshop on “Disaster Care” organized at PGI,Chandigarh, 28th, 29th April 1990 on the request of Punjab Govt. Health Dept. Symposium was attended by 55 Civil Surgeons, Chief Medical Officers of District Hospitals of Punjab.
- Joint Organizing Secretary of Workshop on Emergency Surgery, PGI, 1987, was attended by 200 delegates.
- Have been actively involved in the Teaching Programmes conducted by Association of Surgeons of India, the organization representing 9000 surgeons of India.
- 1994-Co-convener of CME Programmes & Scientific Committee.
- Ethicon Visiting Professor of Surgery, Association of Surgeons of India in 1991.
- Convener of Symposiums organized on the occasion of Annual Conferences of Assoc. of Surgeons of India.
- 1997-Bangalore-Management of G.I.Perforations.
- 1996-Chandigarh-Law & Medical care in hospitals.
- 1996-Bombay-Controversies in management of Cancer breast.
- Controversies in management of Cancer Thyroid.
- 1995-Jodhpur-Surgical Training.
- 1993-Madras-Multiple Organ System Failure.
CONVENER OF PANEL DISCUSSIONS
- 1998-Chandigarh-Management of locally advanced Breast Cancer.
- 1997-Rohtak-Controversies in Management of early breast cancer.
- 1996-Bombay-Controversies in management of pancreatico-duodenal trauma.
- 1996-Chandigarh-Controversies in Breast Cancer.
- 1994-ASICON-Controversies in Surgery.
- Education Committee, Jiwaji University, Gwalior.
- National Board of Examinations for approval of Training Centres.
- Zonal CME Programmes.
- Teachers’ Training Programmes.
- Have delivered Visiting Professorial Guest Lectures in India and abroad: Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Pakistan
Have delivered a number of Continuing Medical .Education and Instructional lectures in Regional & National Conferences.
- Have participated in Symposiums, Group discussions, Panel discussions etc. in the country and abroad.
- Have participated in Special Postgraduate Teaching Courses in India and abroad.
- Have participated as Faculty member in “Meet the Professors” sessions in India and abroad. ASICON 1993-MADRAS.
- Indonesian Society of Gastroenterology, Jakarta 1993 Have demonstrated Surgical Techniques in conferences and workshops.
- Have produced and directed Video cassettes for teaching of postgraduate students and young surgeons.
EXAMINER & EVALUATION ASSIGNMENTS
- Inspector of Medical Council of India, National Board of Examinations.
- Regularly contributing Multiple Choice Questions in the Banks of a no. of Universities for selection of M.S. and M.Ch. postgraduates.
- Have been on the panel of UPSC as Advisor for selection of Medical Specialists and also for contributing MCQs for the Indian Administrative & Indian Medical Services.
- Have been Examiner of a number of Universities for M.S., M.Ch. & Ph.D examinations, namely Calcutta, Delhi, Nagpur, Vadodra, Himachal Pradesh, Bhopal, Rewa, Panjab, Punjabi, PGI, AIIMS, Jammu, Rohtak, Bikaner, Jabalpur, Amritsar, Andhra Pradesh Medical University, Gauwahti, Luknow, Tamil Nadu, National Board of Examinations, Kathmandu Universities etc.
- Adviser to Selection Boards of UPSC, PSC of West Bengal, Bihar, Chandigarh Administration, H.P., Punjab, C.M.C., Ludhiana, AIIMS etc.